What Dolibarr Does
From Dolibarr Open Source ERP CRM Wiki
Dolibarr ERP & CRM is an opensource and free software package to manage companies, freelancers or foundations. We can say Dolibarr is an ERP or CRM (or both depending on activated modules).
It's an OpenSource project built by the addition of modules (you enable only the features you need), on a WAMP, MAMP or LAMP server (Apache, Mysql, PHP for all Operating Systems). Dolibarr was developed to try to offer an ERP and CRM software whose main goal is to be simple:
- Simple to install
- Simple to use
- Simple to develop
Note that Dolibarr is also available with auto-installers for users with no technical knowledge to install Dolibarr and all its prerequisites (Apache, Mysql, PHP) with just one package. Those packages are :
- DoliWamp, an auto-exe installer for Windows users.
- DoliDeb, an auto installer for Linux Debian/Ubuntu users.
- DoliRpm, an auto installer for Linux RedHat/Fedora/OpenSuse/Mandriva/Mageia users.
All other OS and most Cloud solutions are also supported by the "generic" version.
This is a summary of main Dolibarr features...
- Customers, Prospects or Suppliers directory
- Products and services catalog
- Stock management
- Bank accounts management
- Commercial actions management
- Orders management
- Commercial proposals management
- Contracts management
- Invoices management
- Payments management
- Standing orders management
- Shipping management
- Expense report management
- Following social and fiscal tax payments
- Agenda with ical,vcal export for third tools integration
- EDM (Electronic Document Management)
- Foundations member management
- Leave requests for employees
- Mass emailing
- Realize surveys
- Point of Sale
- Donations management
- PDF Generation of all elements (invoices, proposals, orders, ...)
- Import and export tools (CSV or Excel)
- Bookmarks management
- LDAP connectivity
- Can be extended with a lot of other external modules available from DoliStore.com (Skins, Google sync, AWStats, Bittorrent, Gravatar, ...).
- Multi-user, with several permission levels for each feature.
- Very user friendly and easy to use.
- Highly customizable: Enable only the modules you need; fields can be personalized by the user; choose your skin; several menu managers (can be used by internal users as a back-office with a particular menu, or by external users as a front-office with another one).
- Open web service APIs (soap and rest)
- Works with PHP 5.3.0+ (requires functions like DateTimeZone.getOffset), MySql 5.0.3+ or PostgreSQL 8.1.4+.
- Installer for Windows, Debian/Ubuntu, Fedora/Redhat/OpenSuse or online Server. Also compatible with all Cloud solutions that match PHP, MySQL or PostgreSQL prerequisites (For example on following Cloud suppliers: http://saas.dolibarr.org).
- An easy to understand, maintain and code that interfaces with your own system information (PHP with no heavy frameworks, trigger and hook architecture).
- Support countries specific features:
- Spanish Tax RE and IRPF.
- French NPR VAT rate (VAT called "Non Perçue Récupérable" for DOM-TOM).
- Canadian double taxes (federal/province) and other countries using cumulative VAT.
- Tunisian tax stamp.
- Compatible with European directives (2006/112/CE ... 2010/45/UE) 
The following page describes features not provided (yet) by Dolibarr: What Dolibarr can't do
- List of Dolibarr Releases is defined on page Category:RoadMap