Module Agenda En
|Numero/ID of module||2400|
|User doc. of module||This page|
|Developer doc. of module||Module Agenda (developer)|
The Agenda Module is a core Dolibarr module. It is optional and part of the Projects/Collaborative work group in module list.
The main purpose of the module is to add a calendar into Dolibarr and manage events.
Current documentation applies to 4.0.2 Dolibarr release.
Important notice regarding definitions
The term Events is often confused with terms like "Tasks", "Action", "list of Tasks", "Journal".
Before you read this documentation, it is important to know the meanings of each terms which have been defined and normalized by the norm RFC2445.
If you are not familiar with these, read this summary page : Events-Todo-Journal.
What this module does
- Manage a calendar of events (also called Agenda).
- Support day, week, month view for calendar.
- Support displaying other external calendars in agenda using ical URL.
- Support also user and list view of events.
- Allow to define and use types for event categorization.
- Allow to link a project, a third party and a contact to an event.
- Allow to link documents and/or URL to an events.
- If the Resources module is activated, you could link resources to an event.
- Support extra fields for event.
- Support the automatic agenda filling by Dolibarr workflow events.
- Support calendar events export using vcal, ical or rss.
What this module does not
- Does not support updating external calendar. (see commercial modules for this).
- Does not support recurring events.
This module is included with the Dolibarr distribution, so there is no need to install it.
To use this module, you must first enable it using an administrator account, via the menu option "Home - Setup - Modules".
Choose the tab where the module is listed. Then click on "Activate".
The module is now activated.
To know how to setup the module to export Dolibarr agenda events it into the Google agenda, see FAQ Agenda EN.
The events (event)
In Dolibarr, we also call this events the actions. There is some automatic actions (created automatically by Dolibarr) and manual actions (created explicitly by users). This is the role of Agenda module to manage this kind of events.
We can setup in the Agenda module, which event we want to create automatically into the calendar. Events chosen (invoice creation, order validation...) are then created automatically into the calendar. So such events are business actions that has just been done. They are created with status realized (percentage of accomplishment = 100%). Duration of such events are in general 0 seconds (end date = start date)
Manual events and rendez-vous
You can also create yourself events from Agenda menus. So you create, modify, delete an event (named action into Dolibarr). Such events will have a start date, an end date, an accomplishment percentage, all chosen by user. This properties can also be modified later.
Life cycle / Business rules
Example of use case