|Numero/ID of module||0|
|User doc. of module||This page|
|Developer doc. of module||Module Resources (developer)|
The Resource Module is a core Dolibarr module. It is optional and part of the Projects/Collaborative work group in module list.
The main purpose of the module is to register the resources of the organisation like rooms, materials, keys, ...
Current documentation applies to 4.0.2 Dolibarr release.
What this module does
- Manage a list of resources.
- Support resource type.
- Support adding notes to resource (public, private)
- Support resource links with contacts/users
- Support resource links to documents and/or URL.
- If the event module is activated, you could link resources to an event.
What this module does not
- Does not support tag/categories for resource.
- Does not support extra fields. (will do in 5.0)
- Does not support attaching a resource to a project task.
This module is included with the Dolibarr distribution, so there is no need to install it. You just need to enable it in the module list.
Below are the options available to configure this module.
There is currently no set-up options for the module.
The module comes with the the "Type of resources" dictionary.
By default this dictionary is empty.
Go to the Setup menu and select Dictionaries to enter a list of values to categorize your resources.
The module also use the "Contact/Address types" dictionary, and populate it by default to associate a contact or a user responsible for the resource.
- Read resources
- Create/modify resources
- Delete resources
- Link resources to agenda events
By default there is no default permission.
Go to the Setup menu and select Security to define some ( 1 and 4 is a good choice).
The module is available from the Tools icon available in Dolibarr top menu.
Entities and Business rules
This is the main and unique object added by this module.
- Name of the resource. Mandatory. Does not need to be unique.
- Value from "Type of Resource" dictionary. To categorize your resources, could be used to sort the resources list.
- A text to describe your resource.
- Public Notes
- A text area (html) to store public notes on the resource.
- Private Notes
- A text area (html) to store private notes on the resource.
- You could allocate multiple users to a resource, specifying a role. Actually the only role defined by default is 'In charge of resource', but you could extend it if needed. Note there is no limitation to number of users linked, even with the same role.
- You could allocate multiple contacts - from different third parties - to a resource, specifying a role. Actually the only role defined by default is 'In charge of resource', but you could extend it if needed. Note there is no limitation to number of contacts linked, even with the same role. Contact and User roles could be different if needed.
- You could upload multiple document files and link them to the Resource.
- You could attach multiple URL link to a resource.
- When the Agenda module is activated, it is possible to select resources needed on any event. You could define if the resource is mandatory or not for the event and is free or not. This means the system is not checking the actual resource availability you need to check it manually.
Examples of use cases
|Situation||You want to get the full list of resources|
|Actions||Go to Tools -> Resources. The resources list opens. You could sort the list by Reference or Type.
Selection will be available on Dolibarr 5.0
|Situation||You get a new resource|
|Actions||Go to Tools -> New Resource. The resource card opens. Fill-it and save. It should now be available in list.|
|Situation||You need to update a resource property|
|Actions||Go to Tools -> List Resources. The resource list displays. Select the resource. The resource card opens. Click Modify. You could modify properties. Save. The card reflects the changes.|
|Situation||You need to remove a resource|
|Actions||Go to Tools -> List Resources. The resource list displays. Select the resource. The resource card opens. Click Delete. The resource will be deleted and confirmation message will shows up.
If you delete a resource allocated to an event, you will end up with a blank resource for this event. Delete is not checking if the resource is used or not.
|Situation||You need to remove a resource that could not be used any more but keep it's history.|
Not available yet will require an active or inactive status