Module Event Organization
|Numero/ID of module||0|
|User doc. of module||This page|
|Developer doc. of module||Module Event Organization (developer)|
This module can be used to Organize Events:
An event can be a congress, a summit, a DevCamp, a forum, a training campaign, a virtual congress...
An event is a project, with a special role so it adds more features:
An Event is organized by defining and following some tasks (but this is optionnal)
You can group a lot of existing elements into an event (proposal, invoices, stocks movement, etc...).
You can collect idea, votes and application for conferences or booth.
You can also collect registration and payments for your event.
This module is included with the Dolibarr distribution, so there is no need to install it.
To use this module, you must first enable it using an administrator account, via the menu option "Home - Setup - Modules".
Choose the tab where the module is listed. Then click on "Activate".
The module is now activated.
List of parameters:
Label of tasks to create automatically when project is validated - : you can define a list of list of 'standart' tasks (enter just a list of labels) that will be automatically created while validating a new event.
Category to add to third-parties automatically created when someone suggests a conference : TAG automaticaly added to third-partie when a conference is added (in draft status) to the event after a submission from the public form.
Category to add to third-parties automatically created when they suggests a booth : TAG automaticaly added to third-partie when a booth is added (in draft status) to the event after a submission from the public form.
In the form to create/add an attendee, restricts the list of thirdparties to thirdparties in the category : an attendee can't have those TAG
In the form to create/add an attendee, restricts the list of thirdparties to thirdparties with the nature: an attendee is limited : Not prospect, nor customer ?
Template of email to send after receiving a suggestion of a conference
Template of email to send after receiving a suggestion of a booth
Template of email to send after a registration to a booth has been paid
Template of email to send after a registration to an event has been paid
Service used for the invoice row about a booth location
Service used for the invoice row about an attendee subscription to an event
Seed to secure the key for the public registration page to suggest a conference : secured key for public page of registration (clic on the wheel to generate)
After getting on to the Home -Setup- modules, this module can be viewed under “Projects→ Organized events”.
Assign relevant permissions to relevant users first:
- Read (Read conference or booth, attendees)
- Create/modify (Create/modify conference or booth, attendees)
- Delete (Delete conference or booth, remove attendees
Workflow for event organization
An organized event consists into an event-project containing one or several tasks (if created) or one or several conferences or booths. Create a new event-project this way:
- Create a new event from the left bar of “Projects →Organized events” and fill in the project form with the description, dates and characteristics or your event.
- In tab "Tasks", you may find or add some tasks to do and to follow (some tasks may have been created automatically following the list defined into the setup of the module).
- In tab "Organized event", add add least one entry to the "list of conferences or booths of event project". These are, for instance, the different time slots proposed as different activities to your attendees. Choose the status of each conference-or-booth:
- Draft, if it is not ready for publishing
- Suggested, if it is not be confirmed by visitors votes
- Confirmed, if it is confirmed and can be booked
- Not Qualified, if votes were not enough to qualify it
- Done, if it is over
- If your conference-or-booth is meant to be proposed by visitors and manually validated (e.g. application to a Call-for-Proposals), check the box
- Validate the draft event-project to make it usable
Export list of conferences or booth into an ICS file
To get a list of all conferences of your event, you can export them into an ICS file to have them included into any calendar.
TODO.... format this technical specifications to help documentation:
Public page for create and vote(list)
If role "Organize event" is checked on project (checkbox "Event on project), show a link on Project (on conference tab) page to a public "Page for conferences or booth" (/public/project/index.php. See example of /public/payment/newpayment.php). This page show the name or project and the public note of project and has a button "Suggest a new conference" (if field suggest conferences is on), "View and vote for suggested events (displayed only Confirmed Conférence or booth) " (vote will be control by cookies as in survey module), "Suggest a booth" (if field suggest booth is on). Same architecture than the public payment page.
Suggesting a "new conference" event from public page will add a third-party + contact record ("supplier" identified by email with the category defined into setup) if record does not exist yet (if thirdparty record found and not contact only create contact, if contact exists do nothing, if none of them create both). It will also add a record "ConferenceBooth". All submitted events will be visible with status on the second page "View and vote for suggested events".
Suggesting a "new booth" event from public page will add a third-party + contact record ("supplier" identified by email with the category defined into setup) if record does not exist yet(if thirdparty record found and not contact only create contact, if contact exists do nothing, if none of them create both). It will also add a record "ConferenceBooth". If a price for booth is defined, create an invoice and redirect to page of public payment.
Send an email from emails templates.
- If role "Organize event" is checked, add a new link to a public "Page for attendees subscription" with a form to subscribe to the event. When someone register, we will add third-party record "prospect" and add a link between third-party and project into object "ConferenceOrBoothAttendee". If a "Price of registration" has been set on project/event, create an invoice and redirect to public payment page.
Modify the public payment page so when an invoice linked to an ConferenceOrBoothAttendee is paid, the subscription is confirmed.
Send an email from emails templates.
- If the checkbox "Organize event": Add a tab on project card called "Organized event". In this tab, show list of ConferencesOrBooth with button + to add a new one.
- Can click on a conference ref to open conference record (ConferenceOrBooth card must be displayed bellow the Event/project Card (like in Project and task tab)).
- Add also button "Send emailing to contact ConferenceOrBooth" => On mass action
- Add also button "Send emailing to attendees" => On mass action
The module must add a substitution variable that will be public link to download an ICS file of the event.
Add a public url to be able to download an ICS file of an event. (inspired by public/agenda/agendaexport.php)