Dolibarr for Ubuntu or Debian
Dolibarr for Ubuntu or Debian (DoliDeb) is a version of Dolibarr ERP/CRM, packaged with Mysql, PHP and Apache or Lighttpd, with an automatic installer for Ubuntu or Debian users that don't have any technical knowledge.
In a few seconds, after installing this package, you are able to work on Dolibarr, even if you don't have already a web server or if you don't know what is Apache/Lighttpd, Mysql or PHP. Everything is installed for you.
Dolibarr for Ubuntu and Debian is an "all in one" package that can be downloaded from page https://www.dolibarr.org/downloads/. You will find it into the category "stable versions".
Package dolideb for dolibarr 3.4+ is compatible with :
- Debian Wheezy 7+
- Ubuntu 13.04+
From downloaded .deb package
To install the download .deb package found into the download area of dolibarr.org portal, first install the Dolibarr package.
- For this, just click on the dolibarr.x.y.z.deb file if you use the file manager nautilus.
If you use a terminal console, type:
$ sudo dpkg -i dolibarr_x.y.z-w.w_all.deb
where x.y.z is the dolibarr version, ex. dolibarr_3.1.0-1.1_all.deb
If an error of dependency occurs, type
$ sudo apt-get install -f
This will fix all your system orphan dependencies.
- Then you can call page http://localhost/dolibarr and follow wizard steps.
Note: If after setup, you experience troubles using WYSIWYG module, go into file /etc/dolibar/conf.php and comment line
From PPA repository (development version)
Remark: This method is to install a development version. If you are an end user without technical knowledge of Dolibarr, do not use this process but prefer next method. This process is dedicated to developer or advanced user that want to help us to debug the application.
To install Dolibarr from the PPA respository:
- First define the PPA where Dolibarr packages are hosted
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:eldy/dolibarr-dev
If you get the following message after the first line :
sudo: add-apt-repository: command not found
Run this and try again :
sudo apt-get install python-software-properties
- Then, refresh your database of hosted packages an launch install od Dolibarr package
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install dolibarr
- Then you can call page http://localhost/dolibarr
Note: If you experience troubles using WYSIWYG module, go into file /etc/dolibarr/conf.php and comment line
Following information are usefull for Dolibarr team to maintain package into Debian:
- TCPDF: Access to the package page: https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/tcpdf
- TCPDF: Access GIT developper: git+ssh://git.debian.org/git/collab-maint/tcpdf.git
- TCPDF: Access GIT anonymous read only: git://anonscm.debian.org/collab-maint/tcpdf.git (http://anonscm.debian.org/git/collab-maint/tcpdf.git)