Environment and development tools
From Dolibarr Open Source ERP CRM Wiki
Every integrated development environment can be used. However, this is a list of tools highly recommanded to use. They are all famous and a good help as they are featurful and of high quality. They are used by most main Dolibarr developers. Above all, they are all free and Opensource.
These are the recommended tools but any tool compliant with PHP, Mysql and Web standards can be used.
An AMP server
- Apache, Mysql and PHP
For Linux: Those 3 products are available in all Linux distributions by default.
For Windows: Install WampServer 2 (Mysql database, Apache and PHP in an all in one package). The WAMP server offers MySql+Apache+PHP, with the option to change the version of any component with a simple click.
Chrome / Firefox + plugins
You can download Chrome from http://www.chrome.com
- Firefox 3.0 with plugins:
- Firebug + Firecookie + FirePHP ,
- HTML Validator,
- User Agent Switcher to simulate usage of smartphones.
- Selenium IDE,
- Cert Viewer Plus if you plan to make tests with HTTPS,
- QuickProxy if you want to switch quickly on proxy tools (WebScarab),
You can download this on web site http://www.firefox.com
- SquirrelSQL for database administration
You can download it at http://squirrel-sql.sf.net
Eclipse and plugins
We recommend to use an Eclipse version provided on eclipse.org. For example: https://eclipse.org/pdt/
Also any version available on Eclipse web site is possible.
Once Eclipse is installed, it is recommanded to setup following parameters:
- Window - Preferences - General - Workspace - Text file encoding -> UTF8
- Window - Preferences - General - Workspace - New text file line delimiter -> Unix
- Window - Preferences - General - Compare/Patch - Ignore white spaces -> Yes
- Window - Preferences - General - Editor - Text editors - Tab delimiter length -> 4
- Window - Preferences - General - Editor - Text editors - Insert spaces for tab -> No
- Window - Preferences - General - Editor - File Association -> Add *.lang associated to "Text Editor"
- Note: You can also disable Windows - Preferences - Java - Editor - Content Assist - Auto Activation
And if PDT is installed (see later):
- Window - Preferences - PHP - Code Style - Formatter - Tab policy -> Tab
- Window - Preferences - PHP - Code Style - Formatter - Default indentation for wrapped line -> 1
- Window - Preferences - PHP - Code Style - Formatter - Default indentation for array initializer -> 0
- Window - Preferences - PHP - Editor - Typing - Uncheck "When Pasting Adjust Indentation" (keeping this option checked create corruption of text files by adding bad end of line characters)
- Window - Preferences - PHP - Code Style - Formatter - Choose PSR2 profile.
- Note: You can also disable Windows - Preferences - PHP - Editor - Content Assist - Auto Activation
Install plugin Eclipse for PHP: PDT.
If you installed Eclipse version and PDT is not included, all you have to do is using process Help -> Install new software -> Add -> Archive to add module:
http://download.eclipse.org/releases/helios (Eclipse 3.6)
http://download.eclipse.org/releases/indigo (Eclipse 3.7)
Or from Eclipse Juno (4.2) or Eclipse Kepler (4.3) Help=>Install New Sofware =>Work With Kepler => Wait until list display =>General Purpose Tools Check PHP developpement tools (PDT)=>Install
Once installed, you must also setup PDT into Eclipse as explained into chapter Environment_and_development_tools_-_Optionnal_components#From_Eclipse
Setup Eclipse to get sources
Once Eclipse is installed, you can connect to GIT repository to get last development version.
For this see page FAQ Get,update GIT project sources.
There are a lot of more components you can install to get more technologies support: Environment and development tools - Optionnal components