Module Extra Admin Tools EN
|Module name||Extra Admin Tools|
|Editor / Editeur||Libre Expert - www.libre-expert.com|
|Download or buy page / Page achat ou téléchargement||www.dolistore.com|
|Status / Statut / Estado||Stable|
|Prerequisites / Prérequis||Dolibarr min version 3.9.0|
|Last update date / Date mise à jour fiche / Fecha última actualización||2019-07-23|
|Note / Nota|
This module will provide you with complementary administration tools for Dolibarr in a single package :
- an easy module installer (to use files from the Dolistore)
- a file manager (copy, move, delete, archive, edit, rename, view, search)
- a backup configurator : incremental storage, report by email (works together with cron, bash and tar)
- a Dolibarr files integrity checker (to keep an eye on modifications)
Your PHP web server must have permissions to access the directories you want to use.
- Download archive file of module (.zip file) from web site www.dolistore.com or from any other source.
- Install module into the custom folder of Dolibarr:
- Go to Home - Setup - Modules - Deploy/install external app/module
- Upload the file. Note: If it fails, you can manually unzip the file into the custom directory from command line: Go into the *custom* directory and uncompress file with command unzip modulefile.zip
- Module is ready to be activated and used.
To install the module, extract the provided Zip archive preferably in the "htdocs/custom/" directory of your Dolibarr installation, change files permissions if necessary so your webserver can access the new folder. Your file "htdocs/conf/conf.php" must be set to include the alternate directory, by adjusting the parameters below (to be modified according to your characteristics):
Once activated from the administrator menu Configuration/Modules in the "Other" rubric, this module will include 4 features, accessible from the left menu on the Dolibarr home page for users with the role of administrator :
- Verifying the integrity of Dolibarr files
- An easy installer of modules for Dolibarr
- A file manager
- A backup configurator
- 1) The Integrity Checker
- This feature must be initialized the first time you go to its page, this step generates a reference file containing
- a file checking database by md5sum. When you then go back to the same menu,
- it is proposed to perform a file integrity check, recursively from the "htdocs" directory of your Dolibarr installation.
- To reset the md5sum database, you must manually delete the "checklist" file, which is a Zip archive located at the base of this module folder,
- You will then be prompted to reset the md5sum database during the next visit on the feature page.
- Note: Using this feature on a slow system will cause a page refresh time
- 2) The easy modules installer
- This feature initially allows you to load and simulate the extraction of a module Zip archive for Dolibarr, in order to verify that it will deploy correctly.
- There are three placement possibilities, you have to adjust according to the folders tree contained in the Zip archive.
- The recommended method is to place your new modules in the "/htdocs/custom" folder.
- Then the verification made, a button allows you to confirm the actual extraction, it will only remain to activate the module thus copied, in the menu Configuration/Modules.
- 3) The file manager
- It allows you to act on the tree structure of your hosted files: copy, move, delete, archive, edit, rename, view, search.
- Use the left click to select, and right click to see the possible actions.
- 4) Backup Configurator
- This function works in conjunction with the CRON or equivalent application, it must be set to run every hour
- the "simplebashbu.sh" script located in the module's "scripts/" directory. This script reads before execution a configuration file named "backupconfig.conf"
- generated by the parameter page when you press the "Save configuration and test database access" button, this file is placed in the same "scripts/" directory of the module.
- Example of CRON programming to run the script every hour
- 0 * * * * /var/www/dolibarr/htdocs/custom/scripts/simplebashbu.sh
- Important: You must set up this programming by yourself on your server, as this requires the user "root".
The action of this script consists of a full backup of Dolibarr files once a week, at the desired day and time, and then performs an incremental backup the other days of the week. The database is backed up every day at the same time as the files. It results Gzip files placed in the directory that you specified in the configuration of this functionality, within the following tree folders :
- ARCHIVED-BACKUPS for full backups, every week are added 2 new Gzip files the database and the Dolibarr files
- DAILY for daily backups
- LOGS for backup reports
An email can be specified to send a report to the administrator for each backup performed, PHP Mail must be configured on your server.