Last update: 2019-08-20
Some SQL injections vulnerabilities have been reported. They are a small risk as they are in page that need to be logged to be used. Fix is available into 9.0.5.
Dolibarr implements several security features. Among them :
- User passwords are encrypted in database [*7] [*8].
- Database technical password can be obfuscated into the Dolibarr configuration file (conf.php) [*8].
- Possibility to force HTTPS [*9].
//conf/conf.php file //example of $dolibarr_main_force_https configuration $dolibarr_main_force_https = '1';//to force https
No forced redirect
Force redirect to https, until SCRIPT_URI start with https into response
Force redirect to https, until SERVER["HTTPS"] is 'on' into response
Hacks and cracks
- Works with register_globals on or off (off highly recommended) [*2].
- Works with PHP safe_mode on or off (on recommended) [*3].
- Production option to disable any technical information leakage like debug, error stacktrace, version informations (See configuration file) [*6].
- Protection against SQL injection [*2].
- Protection against XSS injection (Cross Site Scripting) [*1].
- Protection against CSRF (Cross Site Request Forgery) [*5].
Note that it is also recommanded to protect your web server by disabled Apache option
Pages and files access
- Pages and contents are protected by centralized entry code to check permissions (granted on groups or users for each functional module) [*4] [*10].
- Files saved by Dolibarr are stored in a different root directory than web application (so they can't be downloaded without passing by the Dolibarr wrapper) [*3] [*10].
- Dolibarr directories content can't be accessed even if Apache option Indexes has be forgotten to on (should not) [*3].
- Delay anti brute force cracking on login page [*7].
- Option for graphical code (CAPTCHA) against robots on login page [*7].
- No passwords in logs, even in technical logs [*7].
- Internal logger to save permanently all Dolibarr events about user's administration and successful or failed logins or administration events (user or group or permission changes).
- Possibility to run an external anti-virus on every uploaded files [*3].
(*X) This solution is part of protection used to solve vulnerabilities classified by the OWASP Top Ten at range number X.