Difference between revisions of "Module EMailing"
|Line 37:||Line 37:|
Revision as of 10:01, 5 January 2010
|Numero/ID of module||22|
|User doc. of module||This page|
|Developer doc. of module||Module EMailing (developer)|
Mass E-Mailing features are available from menus (if Module EMailing has been activated). Menu link can be found in top menu with menu manage "Rodolphe" or in menu "Tools" with default menu manager "Eldy".
This module is included with the Dolibarr distribution, so there is no need to install it.
To use this module, you must first enable it using an administrator account, via the menu option "Home - Setup - Modules".
Choose the tab where the module is listed. Then click on "Activate".
The module is now activated.
If an icon appears at end of the line for the module, click on it to access the setup page specific to the module.
Life cycle / Business rules
The full process is this one:
- You create an emailing with a title, a topic and an email sender.
- Then you choose the targets, among predefined dynamic lists from your Dolibarr data or from external files.
- You can enhance this lists (by removing or adding targets for example).
- The user responsible to validate emailing checks content and recipients. He can do a test to its own e-mail address to see the result inside an email software. If results looks good, he set the status of e-mailing to validated.
- The mass e-mail sending is done from command line with command shown on screen (See Script mailing-send.php). Only an emailing with status Validated can be sent by the script. See page Script mailing-send.php for more information on how to launch it from command line.
- The global status for e-mailing and send result for each recipient is updated by this script.
Examples of use cases