Release 3.1 EN
From Dolibarr Wiki
This is an example of text to use to promote Dolibarr 3.1 version
Dolibarr ERP & CRM 3.1 has been released.
The Dolibarr ERP & CRM 3.1 version is a major upgrade of previous version. More information on Dolibarr ERP & RM web site: http://www.dolibarr.org
Dolibarr is a free modular software (you see only features you need) to manage small and medium companies, freelancers or foundations. It's an OpenSource software you can install on a web server or as a standalone software. Dolibarr is designed to provide simplicity:
- Simple to use (any module can be disabled to removed not required features, only the permissions features can not be disabled).
- Simple to install (with DoliWamp the auto-installer for Windows, DoliDeb, the auto-installer for Ubuntu/Debian, DoliRpm the auto-installer for Fedora-Redhat-Mandriva-Opensuse-Mageia or DoliMamp the auto-installer for Mac OS X, for people who don't know how to install an Apache server, MySQL or PHP. A simple web assistant is available for all other users).
- Simple for development (no heavy frameworks). Dolibarr, developed in PHP object, incorporates its own natural code, allowing every developer to be immediately operational, with no other knowledge than PHP).
Most important change into this versions are:
- Can use OpenOffice/LibreOffice documents as invoice templates.
- Reduce seriously number of clicks required to work on software. List of most important process modified is described into full changelog.
- More statitiscs are added into all modules and menu reorganize to have statitics on same place for each module.
- Personalized fields are now supported for customers or suppliers.
- The foundation module has been seriously enhanced to avoid duplicate input for foundations that want to manage both their members/subscriptions and customers/invoices.
- A lot of change to make development of external module easier. Wiki documentation for developers was also seriously updated (http://wiki.dolibarr.org/index.php/Developer_documentation)
- Process to build packages was completely rewrote to allow building packages for all situation automatically by development team. With this rewriting, comes new target packaged. This version is the first to provide package for redhat, fedora, opensuse, mandriva or generic rpm distribution. Other packages (debian, ubuntu, tgz, zip, windows, mac os) are still available. A package is also available with APS format for provider that want to offer Dolibarr as a SAAS service from their customer panel (panel must be APS compliant).
- This release is the last version with support for PHP 4.*. Next versions will require PHP 5.*
- No more support for Internet Explorer 6. Support for this browser version has been abandonned.
You can download 3.1 release candidate packages at https://sourceforge.net/projects/dolibarr/files/
Also, note that Dolibarr team has moved its source control manager from Savannah CVS to GitHub. New source repository is now https://github.com/Dolibarr/dolibarr/. Next version 3.2 development was already started onto this new platform...
A more complete list of changes is available here :